High School Choir
Era High School Choir is a fine arts class offered to students in grades 9th-12th. This performing ensemble rehearses every school day and sings at all Era ISD Music Programs. In addition, other performance opportunities are offered throughout the year, such as caroling during the winter and competing at UIL Concert and Sight-reading Contest in the spring. Individuals may also elect to participate in the Texas Music Educators Association's All-State Choir process and UIL Solo & Ensemble Contest.
Click the link to go to the Era Choir Website! Era Music Department
Teacher Expectations for Choir
- Be on time for class.
- Bring all necessary materials. (Folder, Music, Pencil)
- Be an enthusiastic and contributing member of the choir.
- Demonstrate proper vocal technique as learned in class while singing.
- Talk only when it is appropriate and helpful.
- Demonstrate a willingness to cooperate in every way your talent permits.
- Actively participate every day in all activities.
- Respect everyone in the room.
- Never have gum, food, or drink of any kind except plain water in the choir room!
- Cell phones are to be silenced and out of sight.
- Check email and Canvas communications daily.
- Students are expected to perform at all school concerts, UIL competitions, and any festivals that may be scheduled.