High School Choir
Era High School Choir is a fine arts class offered to students in grades 9th-12th. This performing ensemble rehearses every school day and sings at all Era ISD Music Programs. In addition, other performance opportunities are offered throughout the year, such as competing at the UIL Concert and Sight-reading Contest in the spring. Individuals may also elect to participate in the Texas Music Educators Association's All-State Choir process and UIL Solo & Ensemble Contest.
As we start the 23-24 school year, consider also joining the Era Choir! It's a great way to hone those music skills. The choir also does fun things like karaoke Fridays, concerts, and a trip to 6 Flags! Just come see me (or email me) if you're interested!Music is a place where students from all different backgrounds and social circles come together. Everyone fits in; it really gives kids a place to belong and feel welcome, all while making music and having fun!
This year we will be going to a choir festival in the spring where we will perform and then celebrate our success by going to either Epic Waters or 6 Flags!
I can't wait to see what these kids will do in 2023-2024!
Click the link to go to the Era Choir Website! Era Music Department
Teacher Expectations for Choir
- Be on time for class.
- Bring all necessary materials. (Folder, Music, Pencil)
- Be an enthusiastic and contributing member of the choir.
- Demonstrate proper vocal technique as learned in class while singing.
- Talk only when it is appropriate and helpful.
- Demonstrate a willingness to cooperate in every way your talent permits.
- Actively participate every day in all activities.
- Respect everyone in the room.
- Never have gum, food, or drink of any kind except plain water in the choir room!
- Cell phones are to be silenced and out of sight.
- Check email and Canvas communications daily.
- Students are expected to perform at all school concerts, UIL competitions, and any festivals that may be scheduled.