Era ISD takes safety and community health very seriously and we are aware of the growing concerns and increasing number of COVID-19 cases in Texas being reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). There are currently no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Cooke County, but we are monitoring this status daily.
The CDC advises to follow these basic prevention guidelines:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, you should use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or sleeve, not your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Adhere to existing school health protocols for any staff/student(s) presenting as ill (refer to Era’s student handbook pg. 55) weblink
- Clean & disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Our campuses will continue to be cleaned daily and next week our classrooms, buses, and all other common areas will be sanitized and deep cleaned by our contracted custodial services.
At this time we urge you to avoid any travel-restricted countries. Under the CDC’s guidance for school districts to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are asking employees to self-report to their supervisor and families to self-report to their campus principal if they have traveled to any of the CDC-restricted areas. For additional health precautions, please visit: Travelers from Countries with Widespread Sustained (Ongoing) Transmission Arriving in the United States
We have protocols in place to manage any student or employee who may be showing symptoms. We will continue to work closely with the local health department to guide us through this changing situation. Visit our website www.eraisd.net for additional helpful links and guidance regarding Covid-19.
As we continue to monitor this situation and remain in contact with local health officials and neighboring school districts, we will provide updates to our school community as it becomes necessary - please be expecting additional guidance through all our regular communication channels at the end of our spring break next week. As always, we thank you for your support!
Please reference the links below for up to date guidance on Covid-19: