Phone: 940-665-5961 #212
Degrees and Certifications:
Dr. Shannon Luis
Hello Hornet Families,
I am the PROUD Superintendent of Era ISD!
While I am new to Era, I have 24 years experience in education. I began my career in Judson ISD in San Antonio, where I taught at the elementary level for seven years. I spent 13 years in Somerset ISD, a rural district just outside San Antonio, as an Assistant Principal, Principal of elementary, junior high, and high school, Director, and Executive Director of Secondary Curriculum. Most recently, I was the Assistant Superintendent of Academics and School Improvement in Elgin ISD, a district 30 minutes East of Austin.
My years of experience in various roles at all levels have prepared me for this amazing opportunity as the Superintendent of Era ISD. I started in Era on March 24, 2021 and have loved every minute. The Board of Trustees, the district leadership team, the faculty, students, and the community have all been extremely welcoming. In my short time here, and with the help of a decidated school community, we have begun the process of creating the Era Education Foundation, a non-profit organization that will raise funds to give back to the teachers and students of Era to enhance education opportunities. Be on the lookout for more information coming soon on how you can be a part of this amazing, community led organization.
We are also in the process of completing a "Balanced Score Card" (BSC) that comes as the result of several community, staff, and Board meetings as part of the Strategic Planning process. This BSC is the tool that will provide direction, guidance, and accountability for Era ISD to our stakeholders. Be on the lookout for the publishing of our BSC in early fall 2021.I am very proud of the Strategic Planning process and the input we received from so many people. As a result, Era ISD has rebranded itself with our new Vision, Mission, and Belief Statements.
Era ISD Vision: Together, We Empower Students
Era ISD Mission: A Community Dedicated to Equipping and Empowering Students for a Lifetime of Success
In Era ISD We Believe…
- Students are at the center of our work and will be instructed in a way that maintains the flexibility to engage in a variety of programs, and with that freedom, the student shall accept the responsibility of maintaining the integrity of Era ISD.
- Parents and Families should be the greatest of advocates for their children, flexible, involved, encouraging, and seek to partner with, and support our teachers as an investment in the future success of our students.
- Faculty and Staff are respected role models in our community who challenge themselves and our students to be continual learners in a way that supports them in and out of the classroom to equip our children for success in life.
- Campus Leaders are trustworthy, committed and invested in our students and community, and hold themselves and others accountable in a way that inspires and empowers.
- The Superintendent and Central Office Staff are servant leaders who demonstrate integrity, transparency, and open communication in a way that values diversity and directs resources towards the overall mission while maintaining accountability to all stakeholders.
- The School Board members are trusted leaders with integrity who are actively involved in the community while providing checks and balances, adherence to the chain of command, strong financial stewardship and always acting in the best interest of Era ISD students.
Dr. Shannon Luis
Superintendent, Era ISD