National Honor Society
Sponsors: Mrs. Bowles & Mrs. Murrell
Officers: President - Hope Proffer, Vice President - Abbie Thompson, Secretary - Ava Yosten, Treasurer - Hailey Adams
Former NHS Service Projects:
- Made the "Welcome to Era" sign
Made all the street signs in town
Built the gazebo for the Elementary teachers
- Painted hornet on side of concession stand
Organized Era alumni basketball games
Painted teacher houses and other smaller projects
Made a new sign and frame to replace the worn out sign in front of the Era fire station.
Replaced the other sign in front of the fire station.
Painted the flag pole in front of the community building.
Pillars of NHS: Scholarship, Leadership, Service, Character
- 90% or higher cumulative average in all classes
- Demonstrates academic integrity
- Polite and supportive of peers
- Timeliness to class (No more than 3 tardies to class per semester)
- Attendance to class (No more than 2 unexcused absences per semester)
- Promotes a genuine positive spirit/culture in all social relations
- Takes initiative to go “above and beyond” what is expected or what one is asked to do
- Meaningful participation in 3 school sponsored activities and at least 1 community organization
- Intrinsically motivated to work well and willingly with others
- Participates in activities outside of school and school based activities
- Mentors in community and at school
- Engages in at least 2 chapter projects that amount to 50 hours of service per year
- Exhibits a desire to serve others
- Develops the highest standards of honesty, academic integrity, reliability based on teacher evaluation.
- Follows and complies with all student code of conduct expectations for Era ISD
- Consistently exemplifies positive and desirable qualities of behavior both at school and out of school. This includes social media platforms.
- Exemplifies desirable qualities of behavior while also being able to accept constructive criticism.
- Acts as a role model to others