CHEERLEADER/MASCOT/MANAGER TRYOUTS For the 2019-2020 School Year
Friday 3-8-18 @ 2pm. Tryouts are closed, but parents may sit in the cafeteria. Girls are released as soon as we are done with individual tryouts. High School will try out first, followed by Junior High.Tryout Meetings:To Be Announced
Signups:Sign-ups will run from the Tuesday, January 22nd to Friday, February 15th. High School (current 8th-11th grade), please turn your paperwork into Mrs. Stevens. Junior High (current 6th and 7th grade), please turn your paperwork into Mrs. Newton.Cheerleader Requirements: To learn and perform--
1. 1 Cheer (this will be performed as an individual)
2. 1 Chant (this will be performed in a group)
3. 3 Jumps (1 must be a toe touch; the other two can be your choice)
4. 1 Dance (this will be performed in a group)
Cheerleader Tryout Clinic Dates:
**Tuesday, February 26th from 3:45-5:45pm
Wednesday, February 27th from 3:45-5:45pm
Monday, March 4th from 3:45-5:45pm
Tuesday, March 5th from 3:45-5:45pm
Thursday, March 7th from 3:45-5:45pm--Mock Tryouts
Cheerleader Attire for Tryouts:
1. Shorts (black or gold)
2. Solid colored T-shirt (black, gold, or white)
3. Tennis Shoes (not cheer shoes)
4. Hair up and out of your face (ponytail).
5. Neat and clean-looking.
Create and perform a skit that is 3-5 minutes long. You must include props (that you make), music (that you provide) and dancing. Also, you must show a lot of school spirit!
Mascot Practice Dates:
You have from now until the try-outs to create and perfect your routine.
Mascot Attire for Tryouts:
Bring shorts and a t-shirt to wear under the mascot uniform (that will be provided by cheer coach)