Classroom Expectations, Assignments, Grading Policy, & Consquences
Being a proud Era Hornet …
I will be my BEST by:
- Being in class on time, prepared & seated in my assigned seat.
- Quietly working on bell work before the tardy bell rings.
I will be PREPARED by:
- Bringing supplies (paper, pencil, red pen, book, Chromebook, etc) and assignments to class. Backpack will be left in locker.
- Assignments should follow classroom guidelines:
- All papers need your full name and title of assignment.
- All work must be shown for each problem to receive credit. No work = no credit
- All work is to be completed in pencil. Most assignments will be submitted through Canvas.
- Assignments are due the following class day unless otherwise noted.
- Late assignments will be accepted with a reduction of 30 points.
- After3 days*, the assignment will not be accepted and student will receive a zero on assignment. *Due to end of grade reporting periods, this time frame will be adjusted as needed.
- An ‘M’ stands for Missing and will be posted in the online gradebook/parent portal. This automatically averages a zero for the grade. Grade will be updated if assignment is submitted.
- Student is responsible for content material.
- Grades will be comprised of:
- Daily Grades 40%
- Test Grades 45%
- Six-Weeks Test/Project 15%
I will RESPECT myself & others by:
- Follow all school rules according to the student handbook.
- Using appropriate language & gestures.
- Keeping my hands, feet and other objects to myself.
- Raising my hand and waiting to be recognized before speaking.
Consequences should I choose not to be my BEST, PREPARED & RESPECTFUL.
- Teacher-Student Conference
- Teacher-Parent Conference
- Office Referral