School Supply List for 8th Math & Algebra 1
Items to turn in to Mrs. Murrell:
- 1-2 packages of Astrobrights color paper (approx. $4.00 @ Wal-Mart) - I use this paper to make our notes pages more colorful!!! The package with more sheets of the same color would be most helpful.
- 1 bottle of Elmer’s school glue (not glue sticks please as the glue sticks do not hold papers in place for the entire year)
- Package of 4 dry erase markers (Expo brand preferred)
Items to bring each day & replenish as necessary:
- 100 page composition book - NOT a SPIRAL – this is the most important school supply!!!
- Pencils with eraser & handheld sharpener (if not using mechanical pencils) - I request that pencil is used for practice assignments. It is MATH after all. :)
- Notebook Paper
- Pair of scissors - we cut quite a bit in class to make our interactive notebook foldables
- Map Pencils or Markers (student preference) - sometimes color in our notes makes things more memorable.
- Pens (colors and style can be student preference but preferably something that does not bleed through paper) - for grading or labelling notes.
- A folder (or place) to keep work papers
- A positive attitude!!! :)
Item to seriously consider purchasing for your student:
- A classroom set will be available for students to use during class time, however, no calculators will be issued to students for use outside of class time. If your family decides to purchase a calculator, it is an investment for all high school math courses as well as college. We will be using a TI-84 Plus CE in class however any version of TI-83 or TI-84 would work.