High School Choir
Era High School Choir is a fine arts class offered to students in grades 9th-12th. This performing ensemble rehearses every school day and sings at all Era ISD Music Programs. In addition, other performance opportunities are offered throughout the year, such as competing at the UIL Concert and Sight-reading Contest in the spring. Individuals may also elect to participate in the Texas Music Educators Association's All-State Choir process and UIL Solo & Ensemble Contest.
This year we will be going to a choir festival in the spring where we will perform and then celebrate our success by going to either Epic Waters or 6 Flags!
-4 students made it into the TMEA Region 2 Choir, and 1 advanced to pre-area!
--Era is the only 2A school in our region. These 4 students competed against multiple 3A and 4A schools for 16 open soprano/alto slots in the choir, and all 4 made it!
-All of our students that sang at the Solo & Ensemble competition in February earned a "1" rating. 3 of those students moved up to State!
-At UIL State, Josie Brown earned a "1" rating, and Thomas Sluder earned a "2"!
-Students got to see a professional performance on "Jesus Christ Superstar" in Dallas!
-Amazing performances at Veteran's Day, Christmas, our March Recital, and the Spring Concert!
I can't wait to see what these kids will do in 2022-2023!
Click the link to go to the Era Choir Website! Era Music Department
Teacher Expectations for Choir
- Be on time for class.
- Bring all necessary materials. (Folder, Music, Pencil)
- Be an enthusiastic and contributing member of the choir.
- Demonstrate proper vocal technique as learned in class while singing.
- Talk only when it is appropriate and helpful.
- Demonstrate a willingness to cooperate in every way your talent permits.
- Actively participate every day in all activities.
- Respect everyone in the room.
- Never have gum, food, or drink of any kind except plain water in the choir room!
- Cell phones are to be silenced and out of sight.
- Check email and Canvas communications daily.
- Students are expected to perform at all school concerts, UIL competitions, and any festivals that may be scheduled.