CHEERLEADER/MASCOT/MANAGER TRYOUTS For 2017-2018 School Year
Tryout Date: Friday 3-10-17. Tryouts are closed, but parents may sit in the cafeteria. Girls are released as soon as we are done with individual tryouts. High School will try out first, followed by Junior High.
1. 1 Cheer (this will be performed in a group, as well as individually)
2. 1 Chant (this will be performed individually)
3. 3 Jumps (toe touch, jump of choice, toe touch)
4. 1 Dance (this will be performed in a group)
Cheerleader Practice Dates: Tuesday 2-28-2017
Cheerleader Attire for Tryouts: 1.Soffee Shorts (black or gold)
2. Solid colored T-shirt (black or gold)
3. Tennis Shoes (not cheer shoes)
4. Hair up and out of your face
Mascot Requirements: Create and perform a skit that is 3-5 minutes long. You must include props (that you make), music (that you provide) and dancing. Also, you must show a lot of school spirit! You will also act out how you would handle certain things that happen in a game (i.e. Hornets score a touchdown, fumble the ball, etc). These will be given in a list.
Mascot Practice Dates: You have from now until the try-outs to create and perfect your routine.
Mascot Attire for Tryouts: Bring shorts and a t-shirt to wear under the mascot uniform (that will be provided by cheer coach)